Notes by Keddie Law
The original Burntisland Bathing Pool sited at the Lammerlaws was opened on 6th June, 1936. In its heyday regular gala evenings were held during the busy months of July and August. Among the many attractions were the bathing beauty competitions, the diving exhibitions and diving competitions, swimming races, water polo matches and pillow fights over the water. Floodlights around the pool allowed "midnight bathing" sessions to follow the gala (usually late in the evening). A cafeteria on the top deck served light refreshments. Installation of a heating system for the water failed to halt declining attendances and the pool was finally closed in 1979. Following its demolition a replacement was provided by the Beacon Centre.