G Mitchell, cricketer
Notes by Keddie Law: Over the years Burntisland Links have been used for a variety of purposes: golf course, putting green, grazing of cattle, repair of fishermen's nets, clothes drying area, winter sledging on the Big Knowe, Highland Games, crowning of the Summer Queen, miniature railway, summer fairground ("the shows") ... and cricket. Pictured here is a Mr G Mitchell of Burntisland Cricket Club, one of three clubs which made use of the Links, the other two being the United Mechanics and the Young eleven. Not surprisingly the Links eventually became regarded as too congested and in 1953 Burntisland Cricket Club moved to the Toll Park where they remained until the late 1960s.