Notes by Douglas Aspinall: Dinghy sailing off the breakwater, 1957. The Morag was owned and built by apprentice joiner Brian Dingwall of Dewars Joiners in Kirkton. Its construction took place in an unlit room of a deserted house in Somerville Street where a Tilley lamp was the only light and power tools had not been invented. Regular weekly club races took place in assorted dinghies which were self built thanks often to shipyard “offcuts". Later a few of the Sailing Club members were bowled over by the lines of the new Flying Fifteen and construction soon took off. One was built in a unit under the railway arches in Seaforth Place where the buses used to turn.