Chris Claydon sent us these two photos (above and below) of the vessel 'Tommy' (with the funnel) at Burntisland, probably in the tidal harbour. They were taken on 5 June 1954. Chris tells us that the vessel was owned by James White from St. David's, and that she was hired by the National Coal Board to conduct seismic tests in the Forth, off Kirkcaldy, prior to drilling operations. Notable are the large number of railway wagons in use in those days, and the splendid old cars.